Office of the Lieutenant Governor - State of Alabama
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Lieutenant Governor Ainsworth is pleased to facilitate the K-12 Capital Grant Program created during the 2023 Regular Legislative Session (Act 2023-389). These competitive grants are for local schools to assist with capital projects, deferred maintenance, or technology needs.
1. Must be in one of the following school systems serving students K through 12
- City School System
- County School System
- The Alabama School of Math and Science
- The Alabama School of Fine Arts
- The Alabama School for Cyber Technology and Engineering
- The Alabama Institute for the Deaf and Blind
- Department of Youth Services
- Charter School
2. Grant requests must include one of the following categories
- Total cost of capital projects that will enhance the educational environment of students,
- including the construction, reconstruction, or renovation of permanent buildings containing
- classrooms, offices, libraries, laboratories, teaching facilities, training facilities, cafeterias,
- alternative schools, physical education facilities including athletic facilities, facilities for the
- performing arts and arts education, together with the tangible personal property that
- becomes a part of such facilities
- Assist with payment of existing debt service related to capital projects
- Total cost of necessary deferred maintenance for existing facilities
- Total cost of projects that will improve school security and safety
- Technology and equipment to expand educational opportunities
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you are provided with the correct information. Our office will also use any inquiries to curate a frequently asked questions page.
To complete the application:
- You will need to create a free Submittable account or sign in with Google or Facebook credentials to submit to these forms.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- Our platform works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported. Please make sure you are using a supported browser.
- You can download Firefox by following the instructions linked here.
- You can download Chrome by following the instructions linked here.
We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure to safelist notification emails from Submittable and check the email you used to sign up for your Submittable Account regularly. Check out the Submitter Resource Center or reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team with any technical questions here.